About a month ago my husband and I picked up one of those little lava cake/bundt maker machines on mega clearance. It sat on the counter for over a month until we opened it up to try our hand at making some orange creamsicle donuts. They turned out delicious (we ate them all so there were none for pictures), someday I promise to share that recipe. It was so good!
My 14-year-old daughter loved making them and has now become quite adept at making some delicious tasting mini donut concoctions. Her latest batch was absolutely delightful and a perfect summer treat. Take a look!
The bundt maker machine comes with some basic recipes, but as is always the case, you have to adjust recipes to make sure that things taste good and turn out well. Here is what you will need.
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon blueberry extract (taste to make sure you don’t need more)
1 to 2 cups of blue-colored chocolate meltable chocolate
Decorating piping bag to drizzle chocolate
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon blueberry extract (taste to make sure you don't need more)
- 1 to 2 cups of blue-colored chocolate meltable chocolate
- Decorating piping bag to drizzle chocolate
- Plug in lava bundt cake maker (you could also use this general recipe and just put into a donut pan for baking)
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt
- In another bowl cream together butter and sugar
- Add one egg at a time to the butter mixture and mix well
- Mix in flour ingredients into wet ingredients
- Pour batter into pastry wells
- Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes until very light brown.
- Let cool and pipe the top with melted blue chocolate pieces using a cake decorating bag
- *Note on melting chocolate: You can use your microwave by adding the chocolate to microwave safe bowl. Then cooking for 30 seconds. Mix through the chocolate a few times with a spoon and cook for another 30 seconds. Don't overcook and burn the chocolate!
The only problem with these is that you can eat a cool dozen without even blinking. Maybe that isn’t such a problem though!
Thanks for stopping in and hoping this summer is going fantastic for you.
Go ahead and share this post, you know you want to!