This post contains affiliate links, by clicking and purchasing from them you are supporting JENerally Informed. Thank you!
Recently I shared that my oldest daughter Samantha has transitioned away from dairy to almond milk. This change in her diet has made her feel tummy feel much better, and so I am trying to introduce a few new recipes into my recipe round-up to support this dietary change. I have found that baking with Almond milk is pretty easy, and requires minimal fuss on my part. Today I am sharing one of the recipes that I made for the family last week that got the double thumbs up, meaning it’s a go here to share on my blog. I hope you enjoy!
What I loved about this recipe is that the flavor of blueberries literally pop in your mouth, and with the addition of lemon, it’s a cornucopia of goodness for your senses!
Are you ready to learn how to make them?
First, you will need a good donut hole/ cake pop maker. I use this:
Alright, let’s get cooking! Here is a printable version for this recipe!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons lactose free margarine
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Mix all dry and wet ingredients well in a large bowl.
- Add in blueberries gently.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of batter into each slot on [donut] hole maker.
- Cook according to donut hole operating instructions.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar onto the top of cooked donut holes.
Don’t these look delish?! Just a couple of notes though; 1. This isn’t vegan since I used an egg 2. Make sure to watch which margarine you use as some contain traces of lactose.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, and if you did, feel free to pin and share it!
Before you go make sure to sign up for my email list so you never miss a post!