This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBias
Holiday Cake Batter Bars #Bake In The Fun
I LOVE everything about the Holiday season! I love the lights, the presents, and most especially the food. Oh yes, Holiday food. The smell of something baking in the kitchen is as synonymous with Christmas as is the music, the weather and families spending time together during this time of year.
So today we are going to kick off the season here on JENerally Informed by sharing a family recipe for Holiday Cake Batter Bars.They are as tasty as they are colorful.
This Holiday recipe is easy to make and includes everyones favorites, like M&M’s® and Pillsbury™ Funfetti®. Here’s a way for you to share delicious, chocolate, minty, colorful fun for all of the people on your double-checked nice list!
I found all of the great ingredients you see above at my local Walmart. Not that you needed an excuse to wander into the Holiday sweets and treats section. . .
So Let’s Get Cooking!
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 box of Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix
- 1 cup of M&M's® White Peppermint
- 1/4 cup M&M's® Holiday Milk Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper. This is important! Don't skip the parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, egg, and cake mix until a dough forms.
- If you would like more sprinkles in the dough you can add the sprinkles included in the Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Frosting.
- Carefully fold in your M&M's® White Peppermint.
- Press the cookie bar dough into the baking dish on top of the parchment paper and spread it out. Make sure it is reasonably even.
- Sprinkle M&M's® Holiday Milk Chocolate across the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is brown.
- Allow bars to completely cool before slicing or removing from the baking dish. Removal is super easy with the parchment paper.
Here’s Something Else Sweet!
Now who wouldn’t want a new KitchenAid® mixer to help make these delicious Cake Batter Bars? You have been especially nice this year right? So here’s how you can enter for a chance to win one of 8 KitchenAid® mixers to put under your tree. Simply vote for your favorite influencer Holiday recipe and boom, you are entered for a chance to win! How cool is that? The recipe with the most votes will win its creator a total kitchen makeover. Merry Christmas, indeed!
And of course you absolutely have to pair the Cake Batter Bars with a cold glass of delicious Great Value Milk.
I know that my family goes through A LOT of milk each week. Is your family the same way? Right now is a perfect time to help make sure that hungry children and families in our OWN communities do not go without fresh milk on their table. More than 46.5 million Americans – including one in every six children – rely on Feeding America food banks each year. And one of the most requested food items is milk. On average, however, food banks are only able to provide the equivalent of less than one gallon of milk per person per year. That’s because while Americans are generous with canned and dry goods, many don’t think to donate milk because it’s perishable.
So now Is The Perfect Time To Join The Great American Milk Drive!
For a small donation at pourmilklove.com The Great American Milk Drive will deliver a gallon of milk – and all of the essential nutrients, including protein, that it provides – to a family in need in YOUR/ OUR local communities.
And don’t forget that right now when you purchase 2 bags of M&M’s® at Walmart (9.4 oz bags or larger) up to a gallon of milk will be donated to the drive! Fabulous right?! Especially since my Holiday Cake Batter Bars call for those 2 bags of M&M’s®. You can snag a coupon HERE!
My mother always said that the “kitchen is the heart of the home”, and making a difference is so easy. Even though we may think our donations or purchases are small, they can make a big impact in the life of a child.
Happy Holidays and have fun baking! For more Holiday recipes make sure to visit HERE!
Stay Happy! Stay Informed!
Go ahead and share this post, you know you want to!