This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AwakenYourTastebuds #CollectiveBias
One year when I was a little girl in preparation for Halloween, I remember chatting with my mom about who I wanted to dress up as that year. My older sister walked in and said, “Oh come on you know all you really want to be is a Princess like the one in Star Wars™!” She was right and I don’t think I am the only girl in the history of the world to have wanted to be her! I still kind of do want to be her, because who doesn’t want to be the Galactic Princess that saves the Universe?
Years later when dating I knew I had finally met the “one” when he equally shared my passion for all things Star Wars™. And together we had visions of creating our own little family full of intergalactic, space loving movie fans… and truthfully, I think we have. To say that my children are excited for this new Star Wars™ movie would be an understatement. They are over-the-moon ecstatic! I believe there are even plans in motion for camping outside of theaters and such.
So of course when I saw these specially marked boxes of Star Wars™ Go-Gurt and Star Wars™ Honey Nut Cheerios® at my local Walmart I knew I had to have both of them!
You know you want one too!
And of course now I am just near to bursting with ideas for intergalactic inspired recipes that I want to try and luckily since I have a blog (YAY me), I get to share one of them with you right now!
Until about 6 months ago I had never made any kind of cereal bar EVER, and now that I finally have I wonder what took me so long to make one. They are delicious, easy to make and a great snacking or on the go option.
So today I would like to share my recipe with you for “Cosmic Crunch Bars”! Get ready for some out of this world Goodness!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 bag (10 oz) miniature marshmallows (5 cups)
- 5 cups Honey Nut Cheerios™ cereal
- Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter and marshmallows uncovered on High about 2 minutes, stirring after each minute, until mixture is smooth.
- Remove from microwave.
- Add about 4 to 5 drops of blue food coloring to marshmallow mixture.
- Immediately stir in cereal until evenly coated.
- Pour cereal mixture into pan.
- With buttered back of a spoon, press mixture in pan until even.
- Cool at least 10 minutes.
- You can refrigerate it as well for 10 or so minutes if you need it to cool faster.
- With table knife, cut cereal mixture into 6 rows by 4 rows to make 24 bars.
- Store in loosely covered container.
Hopefully my little recipe and story has helped to kindle the intergalactic space lover inside of you too. Because although I can’t help you actually space travel (yet) I can help to get your creative juices flowing! You can find more #AwakenYourTastebuds inspiration HERE.
I think I might even send some Cosmic Crunch Bar Goodness and Star Wars™ Go-Gurt as snacks to help keep my campers happy as they wait outside the theater! Or I could just eat them by myself while they are gone. Wouldn’t that be something!
I would love to hear what Star Wars™ plans you have!
Stay Happy! Stay Informed!
Go ahead and share this post, you know you want to!